Pages

Saturday 12 November 2016

The Swan Valley wine region

A Sunday afternoon and we are sitting around deciding what we should do; it isn't a difficult decision to make, we are off wine tasting. For me, a short 30 minute drive has us in the Swan Valley wine region. Whilst this isn't the premier wine district in Western Australia, some pretty reasonable wines are produced on old growth vines.


There are plenty of choices of wineries for lunch, this is a pretty popular weekend activity and places are sometimes hard to find. I prefer to limit myself to wine tasting; in summer, I'll start on whites and move onto reds. On a cold and rainy winter's day, it will just be reds. My choice of red is cabernet sauvignon; plenty of wineries offer shiraz which are normally pretty good and I do like a petit verdot.


There are art galleries, a couple of chocolate factories, a reasonable selection of coffee and then there are the restaurants attached to the wineries. A Sunday spent up in the valley with a trip to a gallery, some wines and lunch is a pretty good Sunday - happy to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment