Pages

Tuesday 26 April 2016

Building the learning organisation

Having just racked up 10 years employed as a lecturer at a vocational college, I have a fair knowledge of traditional classroom delivery. The next step becoming more employable outside of the college system is to create the conditions to build a learning organisation within our faculty. That isn't going to be easy as I come up against resistance at every level - this is a fight to the death.


With this in mind, I reckon that is what I was already doing so I wanted to validate the process I was undertaking so my personal assignment over the Christmas holidays was to work my way through this book. That wasn't an outstanding success as it was mid-way through February and I still hadn't completed the book. 

However, in my defense, I have not only been taking notes but I have been writing up key concepts and approaches on my computer. In order to really embed the principles expelled in the publication, I really need to do more than just read a book from cover to cover and place it back on the bookshelf and forget about it. Now it is time to embed the principles in a reluctant organisation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment