Pages

Monday 24 March 2014

Understanding economic policymaking

I stayed true to my first Coursera outing from the very well credentialed Madrid based IE Business School immediately signing up for Understanding Economic Policymaking beginning a mere couple of weeks after the late completion of Critical Perspectives on Management online class.


I am very excited about this class with the first week kicking off with the basic variables of GDP, inflation and unemployment. The second week will look into macroeconomics and ask questions regarding business cycles. Fiscal policy will be the focus of the third week, monetary policy covered on week four with the fifth and sixth weeks concentrating on the effects of economic policy making. 

I am really looking forward to this class despite the fact that I am currently undertaking two university units and working full time. I won't be able to complete the assignments for this course, I will take solace in downloading the lectures to watch at a later date and I hope I will be able to at least get involved in some of the discussion forums. I reckon get on board and support the great work of Coursera, they have some really interesting courses.

No comments:

Post a Comment