Pages

Thursday 6 March 2014

The shooting of John

I refuse to mention his name, the pathetic coward who gunned John Lennon down from behind thought he gained immortality - he did not. What he did was remove from the world a leader of peace.



I was never a great fan of Lennon initially, I gained interest in his music after his death as a gen X hitting my teenage years in the early 80s. I had viewed John Lennon as outspoken and arrogant, riding roughshod over whoever came into contact with him. I did, however, believe in what he stood for and his method of protest.


What I can't deny is his ability to compose quality contemporary music, promote peaceful protest and change the world.


The tragedy of gun ownership in America is that people keep dying. As an outsider, I always ask, why do the American people allow this to keep happening?

No comments:

Post a Comment