Pages

Sunday 23 February 2014

Social media splintering

Social media is staring to splinter, the younger cohort is leaving Facebook as their parents and grandparents are now in common usage. I work with young people in the college system, while I see Facebook is still popular, they view this as too mainstream and seek the coolness of new social media mediums.


I now have a Google+ account and enjoy using it more because the smaller utilisation tends to not attract trolls, this will change if the expected exodus from Facebook continues. Facebook is full of food photographs, sports and bias commentary. From my Google+ account, I am able to follow my interests of high quality photography, business education and travel photography in a much more orderly fashion.


I am following a number of groups, I have an interest in business and management, MBA education and economics. So following the Stanford Graduate School of Business, Harvard Business School, Wharton Executive Education, Kellogg School of Management, Financial Times Business Education, the London School of Business, Chicago Booth and the IE Business School give me access to great articles and research.


The publications from this diverse grouping of top end business and management schools is of excellent quality, these high end publishing faculties publish online in a regular manner that is both interesting and also helpful in my assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment