Pages

Saturday 13 January 2018

Reporting wrongdoing is not vexatious - it is a requirement

It is not vexatious to report misappropriation of government funds and/or corruption; in fact, it is the duty of every public officer to report inappropriate dealings, actions or behaviour. In the public sector, we actually undertake training so as to understand and identify such behaviour so as to not inadvertently commit an act of wrongdoing and believe I am acting within the scope of this training.


The purpose of ethical decision making is to train staff to identify inappropriate behaviour, the risk to the organisation and the community as a whole. I am loathe to use the term fraud as the requirements involve receiving a personal financial gain, that will all come out in an investigation. The onus then falls onto me to prove my claim against an individual and I am not targeting any individual; that is not my intent, my purpose is to protect the organisation and the public who is served by the organisation.

I am attempting to keep this issue in-house; but you argue, hey, you are writing about it on your blog. True, I am also taking a series steps to keep my government department anonymous as my wish is to avoid reputation damage to my employer. My blog is Observations in an Undemocratic World and deals with such issues since I began this blog back in 2013.

It is true I write about my anonymous organisation so they feel they are under pressure to act and not become involved in a cover-up - this is entirely my intention. I am aware they cyber-stalk me reading my blog as this discussion has come up on a number of occasions. But since I do not identify my employer, they won't take formal action - I am almost daring them to so but they don't want this to become common knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment