Pages

Thursday 18 January 2018

Flying domestic again

For the last decade the majority of my flights have been international and I have had little need to fly domestic routes, some but not many. A four week period just before Christmas saw about eight domestic flights due to work commitments, so I have reacquainted myself with domestic flying procedures.


With the exception of a return flight to Adelaide, the flights were within Western Australia and just a hour's duration. This suits me, I really don't enjoy flying insofar as I need to get to the airport early, begin work as soon as I arrive after hiring a car and driving out to see the client before getting back in the evening for the flight home.

I don't mind getting up at 4:30 am and waiting for the 5:15 taxi to catch the early flight and walking back through my door at 8:30 in the evening. Actually, I really like getting home again even if is a little late as I will be back in my workplace again in the morning but I get to do it from home. For over a decade I worked away from home, times change and coming home in the evening is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment