Pages

Thursday 14 December 2017

JJ's Kitchen Chinese Restaurant

I was fortunate enough to finally not have a busy schedule so I decided to head down to JJ's Kitchen, a Chinese restaurant in the southern Perth suburb of Thornlie for lunch yesterday. The restaurant is part owned by a work colleague and managed by his partner so I sought the restaurant out as I really wanted to see the business he invested in first hand. As she is from northern China not far from the North Korean border, the cuisine has a distinctly northern Chinese theme.


That being said, their lunch-time chef is a Chinese/Malay gentleman so a number of dishes have Malay and Singaporean influences. As such, I didn't order off of the main menu instead reaching for the lunch menu specials and a laksa was my choice with spring rolls as an entree. I was pretty happy with my choice and there are plenty of future options for lunch.

Normally if I skip out from work to head out for a meal, I go to the food hall at the Maddington Shopping Centre. Heading in the other direction, I can drive down to the Thornlie Shopping Centre that isn't that much further and get a better quality meal for a better price. A better option in the future will be to order take-away and get them drop it to our workplace now that I have had a chance to see the place - a much better option.   

No comments:

Post a Comment