Pages

Tuesday 7 June 2016

Managing up

It has been argued the best method of managing up is to make your boss look good in front of their superiors. This is all good in theory but harder to implement in practice; my experiences are less than stellar in this regard. I have been lucky to work with some really great mangers, this is why my current predicament really grates me. 


When making your boss look good in front of their superiors doesn't work, then your best option is to get your facts together after extensive research and go right over them to their superiors. You will naturally be met with suspicion, but if you have documented your interactions then you have a strong case. I now don't stress about my interactions, I tell them exactly what I am about to do to give them the option of action and then break the golden rule of managing up and make them look like fools in front of their superiors.

No comments:

Post a Comment