Pages

Saturday 14 December 2013

Organisational change - who needs a classroom?

During the week I was preparing research for my essay on organisational development and change, I had to head to Whiteman Park anyway and decided this is the perfect place to study and prepare. With the mercury working towards the mid to high 30s, time spent in the shade was at a premium. You sweat a bit, but who cares - still beats being cold.


Seated out in the park under the pergola, my study area consisted of a number of texts, supporting study notes and a portable tablet computer. The major advantage of online based university study is the ability to study where ever and when ever I choose. I still have to maintain their trimester schedule, but don't have to race to lectures when I am able to watch them online at my leisure. This is of great benefit to a person working full time - I see no value in a mature worker taking time off paid employment to study full time and work part time.    


Christmas is summer, with the trimester timetable I am able to study over the Christmas break of the traditional semester holidays. Feeling better with the trimester system; fast tracking university and college certainly whilst still enjoying the summer weather, maybe this has been the best change project I have been involved in - breaking the shackles of the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment