Pages

Thursday 12 December 2013

Harvey Norman - better value online

I was seeking to purchase a small refrigerator to replace an older unit; so whilst browsing local retailers, I decided Harvey Norman had the model I desired in stock, I could take a unit immediately home with me. 


Wandering through the Harvey Norman showroom, I decided to look at inverter split system air conditioners as October was warming up and summer was a mere two months away. Man, do I regret that decision. It took two months of phone calls, discussions and organising to finally receive my purchase - their attitude was appalling.

I support local businesses, I understand costs are higher as showrooms, salaries and supply chains all need to be paid for. But a bricks and mortar business competing with online sales must develop a competitive advantage, superior customer service is paramount, my experience is anything but good customer service. 

It is a shame really, I have been willing to pay higher prices as they employ Australian workers, but at what point do I cut my losses? Now is a good time to draw a line in the sand and no longer accept second rate customer service. 

From now on, the Harvey Norman showrooms will be the place to view the products in the flesh, gather technical specifications and measure sizes. Unfortunately, all future purchases will be online from their competitors as I am no longer willing to accept such shoddy treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment