Pages

Thursday 15 February 2018

The Adelaide Convention Centre

My father and myself headed down to Adelaide for my graduation ceremony and at age 48, I had never been to one before so I was actually kind of interested. Normally I just get a certificate sent out in the mail as I'm not really into the whole formal award ceremony - this time was different.


However, as I had only briefly driven through Adelaide on route from a Melbourne to Perth in the early 1990s, it was time to properly visit Adelaide. That drive that took thirty four hours so I really relished the opportunity to explore the capital of South Australia. Spending the first afternoon wandering around the Torrens River that cuts through Adelaide, we made our way over to the convention centre for a look around. While we knew we would be here on the Wednesday, the time spent to aquaint ourselves with the facility was time well spent.

This was ideally located on the Torrens River with sweeping views of the riverbanks. I also found out the Adelaide Convention Centre was the first purpose built convention centre of its type in the country and I think they did a fantastic job. Whilst the graduation ceremony was a little drab as everyone required equal time to receive their certificate and pose for the obligatory photograph, the views from riverbank suite after it was all done was perfect. Upon leaving we were right in the CBD and we wandered up North Terrace and onto King William Street to grab a celebratory drink and meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment