Pages

Thursday 22 June 2017

Arizona dive centre

Having dived at Subic Bay on numerous occasions, I would consider myself a reasonably loyal customer. So it takes me a lot to change businesses yet my usual dive centre and accommodation finally ran out of chances. So, I decided to try a new dive centre and accommodation just down the road. In the Philippines they use the word resort very loosely, this isn't a classic resort in the true definition, what it does represent is a well run small business.


The dive centre attached to the accommodation is managed by expat Australian Kent Simmonds, a keen diver and extremely approachable guy. I will not be changing dive centres in the future while Kent is there, I love diving at this place. I have dived Subic Bay extensively; I was aware of other dive sites in Subic Bay but my former dive centre would just never offer more than the usual sites. What Kent offered me was the opportunity to explore so many new sites that were previously unavailable.

This isn't exactly a man crush, what this is amounts to a new found respect for a business proprietor who offers extraordinary customer service to a relatively experienced diver who has been buggered around by plenty of dive centres taking an arrogant view of the people who support their business. I am not offered free dives, accommodation or special rates nor have I ever requested special conditions for favourable reviews, I am a paying customer just like everyone else. So why do I choose to promote this dive centre? That's easy, Arizona Dive Centre is the premier dive centre in Subic Bay and I have dived at a number of Subic Bay dive centres.

1 comment: