Pages

Thursday 16 February 2017

Holidaying in Seminyak

A popular destination for Australians heading off overseas is a short hop to Bali. Staying out of the main centre of Kuta, Seminyak is becoming a popular locality with its restaurants, bars and upmarket shopping. For me, I don't much like the area, the beach isn't much, the restaurants are expensive and I think the area just lacks the excitement of Legian, Kuta or Sanur.


I don't like to stay more than a week in Bali, it is not a great destination for me; instead, it is a place to unwind and de-stress. I don't like to go shopping, clubbing or stay out drinking all night; I like hanging around the pool, reading my required text and write up an essay on my laptop computer.

I dislike the lack of quality beachfront of the area, the continuity of the streets and the distance between places of interest; I get this closed up feeling. I won't be staying in this area again on my next short holiday - I will be looking elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment