Pages

Saturday 22 August 2015

Coopers dive resort - Palawan

This post was not written online whilst at the resort; with the 30 - 45 minute average download time for a single webpage, it is not difficult to guess this posting was a copy/paste exercise from a document. The free WiFi is a misdemeanor; there is no way they could charge for such a slow service. So WiFi aside, how does the rest of the resort fare?


The rooms are large and spacious, so too with the bathroom, my hot water system didn't work but no issues really as it wasn't required. Same with the TV, the only show I needed to watch was the Mayweather/Pacman fight; I wasn't able to see a replay until I arrived back in Manila on Friday night. I unable to read any analysis of the fight until a week later due to resort download speeds - damn.


I was in Palawan to dive, so other issues aside, that's what I was mostly concerned with. The dive centre was run by the son of the owner and I was diving solely with Kevin during this time. The dive sites were unfortunately unspectacular, they were run of the mill dive sites - nothing more. Still, I was in the water so I was happy, away from the stresses of work that three flights afforded me.


The cost is 1500 php for a single dive with own equipment supplied, the cost per dive comes down to 1250 php for a 10 dive package, that is what I decided on as I had five days worth of diving planned. They tried their best to bugger up the diving, on my arrival I was informed the boat was to be chartered out out to a group. 


I complained as it was pre-arranged that I would be diving, a solution was reached as the group never eventuated and I went diving after all. This was however poor management, it was just luck I was able to dive due to the cancelation - nothing more.


The boat was good, it was mostly empty - the crew members were excellent, these were seriously good guys constantly jerked around by the son of the owner.


A French group had an issue on a tour, whilst the tour was conducted by a third party, the complaint was poorly handled in full view of every guest and continued for hours. It was a textbook case of how not to handle a complaint, this really damaged the credibility of the resort.

No comments:

Post a Comment