Pages

Wednesday 13 August 2014

The value of World Vision

I would not consider myself a religious person, the christian organisation World Vision is a worthwhile example of christian principles building hope across the developing world. I view this as an ethical organisation; whilst I don't identify with their faith but I do identify with the values that this wonderful organisation espouses.

Care Australia, Oxfam, AusAID, Caritas Australia and Childfund Australia are of course worthy charities; I chose World Vision as it sponsors education for children. I feel education will impact on children's lives leading to improved future outcomes for their regions and a sustainable community.


Viewing World Vision's Australian website, accountability is high as many people are concerned that their donations are spent on high wages and charges in Australia. With slightly under 10% spent on administration, one feels somewhat relaxed in the knowledge the funds are destined for grassroots projects. While I feel people should receive payment for their efforts, no one wants to see a top heavy organisation consisting of highly paid consultants creaming charitable donations - it would appear, this is not the case with World Vision.


Looking at their coverage area, the work of World Vision is truly international, their strategic positioning ensures South America, Africa, Central Asia and South East Asia is represented.

No comments:

Post a Comment