Pages

Thursday 23 January 2014

Why I like my Galaxy Tab 3

I purchased a new Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 after owning an older generation 7.0; well one of the original devices actually. While I wasn't so upset with my older device, it had a number of issues that caused me grief, that is, the software wasn't up-gradeable and couldn't run certain (newer) programs. That being said, the device is only a few years old and I kind expect better. This post was written on the said device while on holidays overseas, pretty much why I purchased it.


My old 7.0 cost me $336 when I purchased it overseas a couple of years back; my 10.1 gave me change from $350 and I'm pretty happy with that, substantially lower when first units hit the market. There are a number of different versions including the Tab 3 or Note, my choice being the Tab 3.


A friend had an iPad and I seriously considered switching to Apple, the iPad has some great functionality not suffering from compatibility issues that some Android devices may have. After spending a fair amount of time on an iPad 2, I have to admit to liking the device. I do however have a number of ethical issues with Apple products and seek alternate devices as a result.

Apple is overpriced and I notice international price maintenance, more commonly known as price fixing going on. Apple tried their hardest to keep Samsung off the shelves, successful in California, but lets face it, this is the home of the legal system assisting OJ Simpson, Lindsay Lohan, Michael Jackson and Paris Hilton, no one worldwide takes American courts seriously. Lets face it, they wouldn't need Guantanamo Bay otherwise.

The British court system while denying Samsung's claim against the iPad required Apple to publish a disclaimer on its website and general media stating that Samsung did not copy the iPad. Likewise, while the German courts initially granted Apple an injunction against the 10.1; this was rescinded after evidence tampering was claimed by Samsung. Furthermore, Apple was fined in Australia for deliberately misleading consumers in regards to their 4G capability. I will stick with Samsung - excellent products and even better pricing.

No comments:

Post a Comment