Pages

Thursday 10 October 2013

Windows 8 - Not worth the effort

I purchased a new notebook computer loaded with Windows 8; in short - I hate it. It is apparent this operating system was designed for tablets, I have to ask, why wouldn't they release Windows 8 exclusively for tablets while maintaining Windows 7 for desktop and laptop computers?


I need to take some lessons on turning certain functions off because I can't purchase a standard operating version of Windows 7; so I am just going to have to get used to it. Furthermore, I don't want to fork out any more money to replace this program, time to turn as many functions off as possible.

I am informed Windows 8 is overlaid on the Windows 7 operating system, that is the start and app screen are posted on the main operating system. I try to revert to the standard desktop; although every time I plug in a drive, try to change a program or perform a task - it reverts back to this useless operating system.

Gawd, I hate this - I hope they release their upgrade as soon as possible. In their attempt to take on Android and IOS, the phone market seems to be driving the personal computer market, a computer novice like myself is just left frustrated wanting to smash my new laptop against the wall and revert to my old Vista powered computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment