Pages

Saturday 26 October 2013

Barcino Wine & Tapas - Greenbelt, Makati

During my many visits to the Philippines for diving trips, I am lucky to work in education enjoying the advantages of numerous holidays the system allows. During my eight year teaching career in the college system, I have been lucky to make up to 3 diving trips to the Philippines a year.


All trips start in Manila before heading out to the islands for some of the best scuba diving in South East Asia. My hotel of choice is located to the Greenbelt area of Makati although I stay in other parts of Malina too. 


I am able to hang out at the numerous choices of bars and restaurants over the weekend before mid-week diving begins. All trips end here too so I have a day or two at the end of my holiday to relax before jumping on the plane and heading home.


A favourite bar of mine is Barcino, allowing the choice of indoor or outdoor seating, this is a favourite haunt for late afternoon and early evening to purchase a bottle of red wine and watch people strolling through the entertainment district. 

Throughout the afternoon, a meal of tapas may be brought out to accompany the selection of wine as evening falls on Manila and  the entertainment moves into overdrive. 

There is plenty to like about the Greenbelt entertainment precinct, the atmosphere is electric, the food good, the choices of establishments better and safety is paramount in the area, you have no concerns of being bashed or robbed here - I really like hanging out here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment