Pages

Tuesday 14 May 2019

The Glashütte Watch Museum

So we were in Dresden, a trip south to the town of Glashütte wasn't going to be too difficult. The S-bahn is an efficient system; however, to my surprise, a diesel locomotive pulls the double carriage on this section.


The German rail system run by Die Bahn is an extensive network that is efficiently run. The train trip down from Dresden was scenic, it didn't take all that long as it is only 25 kilometres with the train pulling up exactly where we needed to be.

For a watch guy like myself, there was no chance of me missing Glashütte, the home of A. Lange & Söhne, Original Glashütte, Union Glashütte and Noxos Glashütte. As we pulled in, I could see the production facilities of Union Glashütte.

To my surprise, Noxos Glashütte is so close to the train station, I wondered if it was actually in the train station. Walking just 50 metres, we were at the building of A. Lange & Söhne, the three major Glashütte watch manufacturers I was familiar with were all within a tight locality - amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment