Pages

Tuesday 7 May 2019

Flying the company jet

Moving from an Australian company to an American company is a bit of a culture shock, I have worked for Americans before, so I know they operate on big budgets and no expense is spared.


Unlike Australian companies dominated by accountants whose only goal is to constantly slash costs and conditions, American companies seem to be far more generous in my opinion. Of course you need accountants, just don t let them run the company.

I understood this when I stepped on the company jet at O.R. Tamo International Airport, they really fly a jet aircraft. Sure, I used to fly to site with Australian companies, they are generally propeller aircraft operated by small aviation companies with tight budgets.

Flying to the assembly/departure destination at Johannesburg, after the initial six month probation period they then fly all staff to point of hire business class. They pay well so they attract the best talent, they look after staff and staff turnover is generally low while morale is high.

So, after my probation period I can look forward to business class travel, being put up in pretty decent hotels when I am in transit and meals paid. I think I am going to get very used to this lifestyle, it is going to be hard to go back to what I was doing before - that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment