Pages

Saturday 8 July 2017

The Longines Conquest

The Conquest series by Longines is a sports watch evidenced by the screw-in case back, screw-in crown and 300 water depth rating, yet I purchased my Conquest automatic as a dress watch. As a diver I prefer dive watches but I thought I had a pretty good dive watch and something a little more formal was warranted.


I decided on the L3.677.4.58.6 sporting a stainless steel case and 41 mm in diameter, when we looked at the catalogue at the jeweller, this confirmed a 41 mm case but on my return home a similar watch indicated a 39 mm case - this is getting confusing so more research was needed. 


The hour markers have painted Arabic numerals and indexes with a Super-LumiNova ® coating along with the indexes. According to searching the Longines site, the Caliber L633 is a self winding mechanical movement beating at 28'800 vibrations per hour giving 38 hours of power reserve. 

Although I am no watchmaker, some extra searching tends to indicate the L633 is an ETA 2824-2 base movement, this makes sense as ETA is an owned subsidiary of the Swatch Group that owns Longines. 

A number of versions of the Conquest exist from the Roland Garros, Horse Racing, Alpine Skiing and St Moritz variations firmly locking this timepiece in as a sports watch despite my thoughts of a dress watch.

I try to match the series numbers with the current Longines website for no joy and I tend to think I don't have the current release so I tend to wonder just how long this watch was sitting in the display case.

No comments:

Post a Comment