Pages

Thursday 13 July 2017

An evening in Brotzeit

I am sitting in Brotzeit, a German themed bar in the Philippines at the Shangri La Plaza alone waiting for my friend with a German wheat beer on my table and my Galaxy tablet in hand. I am seeing staff running around serving customers and what springs to my mind is the dedication of the staff. They have remembered me from previous visits and have been very polite and accommodating, this is the type of service that keeps people coming back.


The hospitality industry can be brutal on staff, retail and service is now the mainstay of the domestic economy with so much outsourcing the main strategic weapon. None of this worries me right now, I am enjoying a German wheat beer waiting for Mecky who is spending time with a high school friend returning to Canada the next day. Until late 2016, I hadn't had a beer for close to twenty years until no options were available and I had a Tiger beer on Clarke Quay in Singapore and actually liked it. Now when I am at the Shangri La Plazza in Edsa, I slip over to Brotzeit for a quality beer on the sidewalk watching people wander by.

1 comment:

  1. That is an amazing fedora jeff, i love living my life vicariously through your wealth of experiences, keep posting mate

    ReplyDelete