Pages

Saturday 3 June 2017

Welcome aboard

Only last week did I find out that my employer (who will forever remain anonymous) is reading my blog. Welcome aboard guys, I hope you find Observations in an undemocratic world an enriching journey exploring my interpretation of the world.


I cover an array of topics including business, management, travel, scuba diving, training & development, politics, the effect of the media on popular opinion, luxury goods, prestige watches, wine appreciation, workplace bullying, my MBA experiences, finance, economics, yachting, cricket, Australian Rules Football, aviation, naval power, corruption, social issues and so much more. Don't fret, this isn't all about you but my observations, especially on management and business topics are based on the case study method as espoused in MBA education.

Future posts seek to cover more horology, the scuba diving industry, contemporary management issues, strategy, human resources, finance, leadership, good food and wine. I think I might revisit corruption, workplace bullying, the abuse of power, tertiary education, training issues and of course more management failures based on personal observations from an MBA candidate seeking to eradicate workplace bullying and corruption in the workplace.

Apparently my employer (who will remain anonymous) previously "had neither the time nor the need to meet with me" to discuss the intentional breach of an industrial award registered in the Western Australian Industrial Relations Commission, but we had the time to discuss my social media profile. I can use that particular sentence because I have that in writing, much to the embarrassment to others in the organisation when I brought that to their attention.

So once again, welcome aboard, I hope your enjoy reading my blog - feel free to leave some constructive feedback in the comments section and the end of each individual post. So no need to worry, I won't be exposing the identity of my employer on Observations in an undemocratic world and I will seek to maintain the integrity of the organisation as I very much believe in the mission of both the organisation and the sector.

But always keep in mind, this is a public funded organisation and not a private company. I have a duty to report corruption and as a whistleblower I am protected under the Public Interest Disclosure Act 2003 as long as I am not making malicious accusations instead trying to constructively increase participation in this immensely important facet of workforce development.

1 comment: