Pages

Thursday 8 June 2017

My final MBA unit

At the beginning of my MBA journey I decided to document my progress and reflect on where I started, where I am now and where I am hopefully headed. Taking on an MBA in a more advanced stage of life is not without its drawbacks. The average MBA candidate age group in the top schools is around the 28 to 32 age bracket with at least three years of work experience. I just turned 48 and began fulltime work in 1985 after just turning sixteen a couple of weeks before. At least I have workplace experiences I can draw upon.


Starting a technical trade apprenticeship when I should still have been in high school was difficult in some respects, I made so many fundamental mistakes owing to my lack of life experiences and the tradesmen I worked with who were all very much older than me - they were very unforgiving. This however shaped my outlook and I do not suffer fools lightly. I do spend plenty of time developing training strategies so that current apprentices do not have to go through what I experienced.

So I decided to select Integrated Project Management, this unit seeks to develop the skills to coordinate projects. This unit is based on a case study applying PMBoK processes to update project plans that are impacted by change management forces. Evaluation environmental factors are applied with effective management strategies formulated to manage stakeholder relationships via multiple communication media. I think I am going to enjoy this final unit and the challenges presented, I am looking forward to this learning program.  

No comments:

Post a Comment