Pages

Thursday 20 April 2017

Cigarette butts everywhere I look

What is it with smokers and pushing their filthy habit on everyone? I live reasonably close to a train station so I see continually walking down the street having a smoke. I don't mind people having a cigarette in open air whilst they are walking but why do they think they can just drop their butt on the footpath in front of my house? Why can't they carry their used butt in their hand until they reach a rubbish bin?


Why can't smokers dispose of their cigarette butts correctly? Why do they need to throw their rubbish around and not only make the place look like a rubbish tip, it is harmful to the environment as the butts wash into drains and out to sea. There needs to be greater awareness of what happens to cigarette butts and on-the-spot fines needs to be increased to act as a real deterrence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment