Pages

Tuesday 15 December 2015

Hay Shed Hill - 2013 cabernet sauvignon

I have been a long time drinker of Hay Shed Hill so you can imagine my disappointment with the 2013 cabernet sauvignon. Hay Shed Hill has always been a softer style and I have always liked their product, my first bottle of 2013 left me less than impressed.


This vintage was awarded 95 points by James Halliday, so I'm guessing it is just my tastes that didn't appreciate their work. The blend of 86/10/4 percent of cabernet sauvignon would usually be to my tastes. The blend of malbec and cabernet franc was laid down in French oak for 13 months to improve complexity, yet for me - this wine was left wanting. Maybe I will try another bottle sooner rather than later to see if it was just a bad day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment