Pages

Saturday 21 November 2015

Shopping for my World Vision sponsor child

I hate shopping, all men hate shopping so when I needed to go out and purchase a gift for a 17 year old youth, I was suitably perplexed - what do I get him?


As Michael is my World Vision sponsored child, I wanted to make sure my gift is educational in line with the values and philosophies of World Vision. After some searching, I decided on a tablet, this way he can use the tablet for school work and social activities.

Sure, I know he is going to use it for playing games, chatting and generally messing around. In a days time it was going to be his so he was free to add apps as he wished. My only apprehension was that he spent all his time playing games and generally jerking around instead of furthering his education - I guess I will find out.

At the store, they didn't want to load the Facebook and Skype apps, I said why not, it is his now - he can do as he likes. He tells me he wants to go onto vocational school to study refrigeration and air-conditioning so I hope he is able to utilise the tablet in his studies to build himself a job and career - I am pretty excited for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment