Pages

Tuesday 24 November 2015

Is this the end of Chrome?

I read on The Wall Street Journal that Google was intending to merge Chrome into Android and I was more than a little concerned, I'm very disappointed. I had become accustomed to Chrome; I don't really use my tab much except when on holiday and I don't own a smartphone, so I would prefer if they didn't mess with an excellent operating system. 


According to The Wall Street Journal article, Google will now merge its Chrome operating system built for personal computers into the Android mobile operating platform. Furthermore, the article hinted there would be a significant change to Chromebooks - that can't be good. I got stuck with that dog of an operating system Windows 8 that was built for mobile devices on my notebook computer - I don't want to see a repeat of that episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment