Pages

Tuesday 10 November 2020

A day in Ghent

I was looking forward to a day in Ghent, I know of this city from the wife of a good friend and really wanted to explore this interesting city in Belgium. Fantastically, Ghent is just a 40 minute train trip from Brussels, the ticket cost was a reasonable €11 - so here we come.


I hadn't done too much research into this city, this is a normal practice for me as I want to be surprised instead of expecting to see certain sights. I did know they had some wonderful canals throughout the city, that much I did know.

It is fair to say Ghent exceeded my expectations, the areas around the canals were very picturesque as expected. There were some interesting churches to explore and just walking the streets was worthwhile.

I especially enjoyed the views from the numerous bridges, I would certainly recommend a day in Ghent to any of my friends sightseeing in Europe. This was the best city in Belgium to visit in my opinion.

1 comment: