Pages

Thursday 15 November 2018

The Screwdriver

The Screwdriver would have to be the easiest drink to mix, a 15 ml shot of vodka, some ice cubes and the rest is orange juice. I never really went for the garnish, most bar tenders added a slice of orange and maybe a sprig of mint to add some colour.


I prefer the drink in a lowball glass, I used to use a highball glass but I guess my tastes have changed a little as I like the drink less diluted these days although the standard mix is highball. I can't say I really have a preference for vodka, Smirnoff was my choice as a fairly stock standard vodka but I did have a preference for Absolut straight up. For me, the orange juice was the important factor, I have always gone for 100% orange juice as you can't go wrong with the best ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment