Pages

Thursday 25 September 2014

Greyhound gift fee ripoff

Greyhound is an excellent business, yet why do they have to rip off clients with an $18 gift fee? I am now a fan of Greyhound after catching numerous buses across America, unfortunately I only had four weeks, there was so much more I wanted to see.


It is amazing though, to book a ticket for another person will leave you with an $18 gift fee. I learned of this after not unchecking a box. I have to ask, under what circumstances would a gift fee be warranted? This fee discourages customers from patronising your business instead channeling potential customers to rival bus companies such as Megabus, trains such as Amtrack or even airline travel in certain circumstances.

I made a mistake booking a ticket online, I was overcharged so when I brought my concerns to Greyhound staff on the day of my departure, they obligingly organised a cash refund on-the-spot. I must say, this immediately endured me to Greyhound, my normal experience is a fight to the death for a refund. But why charge such a fee in the first place when you risk driving customers away for very little benefit?

No comments:

Post a Comment