Pages

Thursday 11 May 2017

Why I like Google Hangouts

I really like Google Hangouts, I much prefer this communications platform over Facebook Messenger as I tend to have more privacy in this app. Once you are logged in with Google, you are logged into all their programs and they are all linked; although Google is not synonymous with privacy.


Google Hangouts has a much smaller user following than Facebook Messenger and I only have dedicated conversations with the people I am associated with. Getting friend requests on Facebook seems to get me involved with people I have never met or will never meet. As a Gmail account user, the chat function is also available when using my email account but I tend to have less requests.


When they separated Hangouts from Google+ I was concerned but I was able to access the app through the Google programs on my computer, tablet and phone. That worked out fine and I am able to receive messages on my phone.

Facebook Messenger is such a large external program that always needs to be updated and my phone just doesn't have the memory to support this program without deleting the material I have saved to the phone. There are no such problems with Google Hangouts and I am glad about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment