Pages

Tuesday 23 June 2015

Cafe Havana

My favourite bar in Manila is Cafe Havana in the Greenbelt 3 entertainment complex. I travel to the Philippines on a fairly regular basis; such is my love of the scuba diving this wonderful country offers.


I depart Perth at 1.10 am on a Friday morning for Singapore, arriving about 6.30 am, I have my connection to Manila at 12.15 pm and arrive at about 3.30 pm - it's always the same flights so I know the routine well. But the time I travel to my hotel after clearing immigration and the horrible Manila traffic - it's Friday evening and I'm ready for some fun.


On a Friday and Sunday night, a long running band playing an entertaining mix of Cuban and salsa music - this is really a great evening out. I just love the set list, the Salsa and Latino sounds are great Friday night entertainment although I must admit, I can't recall hanging out too many times on a Sunday night. I have walked past plenty of times though and just listen to the band play, yet I can't remember their name.

I generally travel to the Philippines three times a year for two weeks at a time, that accounts for three attendances at Cafe Havana on a Friday night per trip and nine happy experiences per year, that's more boozy outlandish Friday nights that I can care to remember for the decade I have been diving and holidaying in the Philippines.

No comments:

Post a Comment