Pages

Wednesday 11 February 2015

The Jayakarta Bali

Sitting on my deckchair overlooking Kuta Beach at the Jayakarta Bali, I felt the cool breeze on my face punctuated by the rhythmic sounds of rolling surf, this was relaxing - this was living.


The odd motorbike broke the solitude, there wasn't much traffic then, we were a week or so off the high season, people were still at work and preparing for their Christmas holidays. My holidays started two weeks before Christmas, my roster allowed me to end the year early and I feel fortunate to be in Bali before the rush.

My time out the front enjoying the conditions was drawing to a close, dark clouds massed on the horizon, the delicate breeze that was providing me cool relief from the ravages of the tropical sun have substantially increased.

The perimeter flag cracks from the rapid increase in wind strength, I now no longer have a faint covering of fresh sweat on my body, I could feel the moisture in the air.

It was time to move, I didn't mind walking back I the rain, it is February now and back in the work mode, Perth in summer is hot and dry, my pre-Christmas Bali break is a just distant memory now.

No comments:

Post a Comment